"THIS IS THE LORD'S PLACE AND THE WAY TO HEAVEN"
An appropriate paraphrase of the Psalm to describe SACRED HEART PARISH, which has so diligently served the immigrant Germans and their descendants in this community since 1870, and then to be joined by the immigrant Italians and their descendants since 1969, from the original site on 5th and Broadway. Spiritual service is now rendered to all who come to worship the Lord at Sacred Heart.
Facebook Page: Check out our Facebook Page. Keep up to date with the latest news from the parish!
In the case of inclement weather,
please check the webpage/Facebook & Local 12 for any changes to the schedule.
A decision will be posted at least one hour before.
Parish Mass Schedule
- 9:00 a.m. English Mass
- 11:00 a.m. Traditional Latin Mass
- Confession Heard 30 minutes before each Mass
- 9:00 a.m. Traditional Latin Mass
- Confession heard 30 minutes before each Mass Monday-Friday
- Confession heard during Holy Hour on Saturday
- Perpetual Novena of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal on Tuesday following Mass
- Parish Holy Hour before Mass on Saturday (7:50 a.m.). Confessions heard throughout the Holy Hour until Benediction.
If you have a child in need of baptism, please call the rectory to schedule the baptism. The parish secretary, will take down all the pertinent information. Likewise, if you know of an adult who is interested in becoming Catholic, please have him or her call the rectory to make arrangements for instruction.
We have had a number of requests for weddings, in the Ordinary and Extra-Ordinary Forms of the Roman Rite, at Sacred Heart. The parish WEDDING GUIDELINES can be found here.
FORMED We are excited to announce that our parish has subscribed to a dynamic new online platform called FORMED. Every parishioner will have 24/7 access to the best Catholic content on any device, including computer, smartphone, and tablet. YOU WILL NEED THE PARISH CODE TO ACCESS MATERIALS at www.formed.org/register. Our parish code is NFDBVP. Brochures, flyers, and cards are on the table at the back of church.